Friday, July 25, 2008

MEBB upper body

Here is the end of our first week of this programming. Maximum effort day for upper body. We are going to do the following:

5 X 5 Standing Shoulder Press

You will take these rounds up to 85% of your 1rm of your standing shoulder press weight. No dip, no drive for this one, just pure shoulder power to bring it up overhead, locked out, with your head shooting through the gap at the end, then lower and repeat.

Then the following:

3 rounds for time:

15 KB swings (large KB)
10 TGU situps (large KB)

I dont know what time you guys want to do this, especially with the "training" we have scheduled for the Battalion this afternoon at 1330. Please advise as to when you all are planning on doing this, and I will be there to demonstrate a TGU Situp. It is basically an anchored sit up where you press the KB up to a locked out position, and "situp" with it overhead for "one". Then return the shoulders to the ground while still keeping the KB overhead, and repeat. You keep the KB overhead, and on the same plane the entire time, so you literally sit UP, and not towards your feet, if that makes sense. Have a great weekend, and we will switch to a 3 Crossfit, 2 ME week next week, so be prepared. You guys have been doign great. Keep it up. Get some rest this weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to go, good week and opened my eyes to a few things I am weaker at. I enjoyed the change of pace and more lifts that we did this week. Good balance of Crossfit and ME. Keep it coming. I am really looking forward to a couple rest days though as my body is pretty drained down.

5x5 shoulder press
95/115/100/105/110
round two was too much as i should have progressed slower than that, I got all 5 but it was tough

Mini WOD
4:38 with the situps using 1 pood I couldnt control the 2

st8we said...

My 5x5 shoulder presses looked like this:

135/140/145/150(PR for 5)/150

Last set was 2x1x2 by the way. NOt a true 5 rep set. But I will take it.

The 3 rounds for time of 15 24kg KB swings and 10 Turkish get up situps (5 each side) with the 24kg Kb I got done in 4:10. Great week. Get some rest, and we will hit it up again next week.

Maj Mills said...

Today is my CrossFit Anniversary. This day last year is when I sat in on the Level I cert and had my eyes opened. I haven't been much of a team player with the workouts this week. Made up our own WOD from yesterday today. 5 rds of 500m row (damper setting - 10). 1:45, 1:47, 1:51, 1:51, and 1:43. I messed around with some pacing strategies on the middle rounds and just went as hard as I could from the start on the first and fifth rounds.

Craig S said...

FRIDAY PM:

5 X 5 Press
95,105,110,105,105