Thursday, July 17, 2008

Endurance Thursday

Here is the workout from http://www.crossfit.com/ today. Hit it up with fire in your belly.

AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible) in 20 minutes of:

15 pushups
12 ring dips (if no rings, sub 2 to 1 ratio of regular dips to ring dips, so 24 vice 12)
9 115# push press (its a shoulder press, with a dip/drive in it. In other words, dip at the hips, and drive the weight overhead while shooting your head through the gap and locking out the arms) scale weight as needed but I wouldnt go below 95#, and I would try the 115#.

Post number of rounds completed to comments.

If you guys want to come over and do this at my gym, I have got the rings set up to run two at a time. Let me know, I will be here all day. GET YOUR WORKOUTS IN NO MATTER YOUR WORKLOAD!!! Have a great day.

8 comments:

st8we said...

7 rounds plus 2 pushups in 20 minutes. Round 2 was quite the surprise on the pushups.... I cant ever remember 15 pushups being so taxing. I thought it was GREAT programming. Ring dips mutated into semi jumping ring dips, into out and out jumping ring dips by the end, so WOD not quite as Rx'd. Push presses were definately my strong suit, even though the back is still definately tight from the 5x5's from yesterday.

Capt Salm said...

The S-4 Crossfit Crew is holding a boycott of your blog posting until you join us on our running workout. We grut through the pain you place on us so you need to do the same with our strong point!!

st8we said...

A boycott? Thats fine. If you guys dont want to get fit, and just learn to run like gazelles and be prey....thats fine with me....Me, I will continue to train to be a predator. MY eyes are in the front of my skull, where are yours? =) You guys act like I dont run. I run, I just dont run with you guys. A boycott....thats funny though...

The Guy said...

I sucked it up on this one

2 rounds stopped at he 7 ring dip on the 3rd round.

I am so weak at freaking ring dips:P
As for the running...I HATE it.

Joe

Anonymous said...

I gutted through 4 rounds and 15 push-ups and 12 ring dips. My arms and shoulders were dun by that time. As st8we said I never thought 15 push ups could be so hard. Good time for everyone though.

Anonymous said...

Once again, another great workout. We still love you Gunny, so we will continue to post to your blog eventhough we have yet to see you on a run!!! I felt pretty good on this one, I scaled the push-press weight down to 85lbs.
I completed 8 full sets and did 10 push-ups on the start of the 9th set. i have duty tonight, so I may do Fridays workout later, depending on how the arms and shoulders feel....

Anonymous said...

Great and painful workout. Very very deceiving. I pushed through 4 rounds, 8 pushups into the 5th round. The ring dips definitely beat me down, as did the measly 15 pushups per round. Scaled the weight to 80 lbs.

Craig S said...

Scaled:

15 pushups
12 Ring Dips (some assist with feet on a box behind me)
9 push press (95#)

4 Rounds plus 4 pushups in 20 min
6 Rounds in 31:55

Tricep Destoyer