Monday, July 14, 2008

Here it comes....

A new week brings new challenges. Introducing a new exercise today for most of you. The "L" pullup. Its just that. You do a dead hang pullup with your legs held up perpendicular from the ground, so your body resembles an "L". If you cant hold your legs up (feet together) in an "L", then you can scale it back and do raised knee pullups. (You do a dead hang pullup, and hold your knees up in a tucked position) Try and do them in an L, before you degrade to the tucked position. These are killer for your core. And you guys get more proactice with the handstand pushups as well. Burn through this bad boy and as always, post your times and such to the comments. Hope everything went well. Mr. Hill from Range unit found his way back to the gym today, so he will be doing a 0630 workout with me for the forseeable future. If any of you out there would like to workout at 0630, I will be doing sessions at that time now as well. Here is the workout:

For time:

15 Handstand push-ups
1 L Pull-up
13 Handstand push-ups
3 L Pull-ups
11 Handstand push-ups
5 L Pull-ups
9 Handstand push-ups
7 L Pull-ups
7 Handstand push-ups
9 L Pull-ups
5 Handstand push-ups
11 L Pull-ups
3 Handstand push-ups
13 L Pull-ups
1 Handstand push-up
15 L Pull-ups

Keep your shoulders active in the hand stand pushups. Do good form on both exercises. Done right, this workout will engage a good portion of your core and upper body, as well as engage smaller muscle groups in your legs to stay in position and stable. I may not be around at munch time for this workout today, as I will be on the range, but there should be no questions on this workout. I will try and see you guys before I leave for the range this morning. Good luck, hope the weekend went well, and I will talk to you all soon.

3 comments:

st8we said...

I got this one done as Rx'd in 22:47. All dead hang Lpulls, and HSPU's were almost full Range of motion. My head was about 2 inches from the ground on the HSPU's. Much improvement there. Good workout. Am thinking about hitting up the 4 rounds of 400m runs and 50 air squats as well. Well see. Hope you all out there have a great workout today.

st8we said...

I hit up the 4 rounds of 400m run and 50 air squats this afternoon. About a 2 hour break between each workout. Time as Rx'd was 13:07. Legs were rubbery on the air squats. Had a PR of 1:25 on the first 400m though, so I was happy with that. Air squats were to dynamax ball depth.

Craig S said...

Two exercises I can't do. Great. For assistance on the HSPU's I put a ladder up against the pull-up bar and got on the underside with my feet about 5'4" off the ground (I'm about 6'1"). No way to make the Lpulls any easier, just uglier. By the end they were little more than balled up pull-ups. Anyway, very much substituted in 20:30.