Monday, July 14, 2008

Many Thanks

So, I was sitting here reading some of the recent postings on the site, and I thought that I would be remiss if I didnt mention a few things, so here goes.

I would like first off, to thank Maj Andrew Thompson, of Crossfit Quantico, for helping me bring this affiliate here at WTBN out of the planning phase. His dedication to organizing and implementing non-profit military affiliates in the Marine Corps have helped quite a number of us get our boxes off the ground, and I am very much in his debt for that.

I would like to tip the hat to the guys and gals of WTBN that have embraced this method of fitness whole hog, and are drinking (and sometime throwing up) the kool-aid on a daily basis. Their individual efforts make me on a daily basis get that extra pullup, or shave those ten seconds off of my last time. Watching and teaching someone through a clean, or a muscle up, or even just to get one good legitimate squat is why I do this. Progress, always progress.

I would also like to thank those that have commented on this blog that are in places other than right here at WTBN. The fact that there are people out there that look up the site on a daily basis and are hitting up the WODs right along side us (in spirit at least) is motivating to say the least. My thanks to you, and my sincerest promise that I will keep it coming if you do.

I would like to also thank my command here at WTBN for embracing functional fitness. Their foresight into the future of fitness in the Marine Corps is truly remarkable, and their willingness to allow myself and some others to "break the mold" of Marine Corps PT (with the help of Coach Glassman, of course) has brought Crossfit to the masses here at WTBN.

And speaking of Coach Glassman, and all that have helped to develop Crossfit and promote over the years. Thanks to you, the pioneers of functional fitness, for bringing what truly is the best and most complete training that I have ever seen to the front of our minds, bodies, and spirits. And giving it all to us for FREE, every day, on the main www.crossfit.com site. I couldnt thank them enough for all they have given to me.

I hope that what we are doing here at WTBN is something that you guys and gals out there can latch on to and take to the next level. We started small, (about 5 guys), and we are still not putting up huge nubmers like some of the affiliates, but I dont mind. Why? Because we have quality people that come out here that are truly committed to one thing: becoming more fit. And thats what I am here to do, get fit....legitmately fit. Not picture strong, or gym strong, but strong when its my or my buddies life on the line. And thats the way you all should approach it as well, at least in my opinion. So, to those of you that are out there, day in, day out, getting that extra air squat, or getting in from that run 20 seconds quicker than last time, or getting Fran done 30 seconds better than last go around...I say thank you. Thank you for putting the time in to get fit. Talk to you all again real soon.

No comments: