Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A little up and down and back and forth...

Here is today's workout brought to you by Capt Croniser via www.navyseals.com He brought this one to me, and it looks good, so lets do it. Thats how it works around here. I am always up for new ideas, and great workouts, so lets get it done. We will need to bring our rower over to the gym as well, so you can at least work out two at the same time.

Row 500m
10 Deadlifts (225lbs) - Yes, you can do it....
Row 400m
8 Deadlifts
Row 300m
6 Deadlifts
Row 200m
4 Deadlifts
Row 100m
2 Deadlifts

For time. Now, here is the thing. The pace for your row should INCREASE, and not decrease as your legs (the row legs, not your actually legs) get shorter. Yes, you will be getting tired from the Deadlifts, but that last 100m row should basically be an all out sprint to the finish. Your 500m should come in around 2 minutes or less, just to give you a time to shoot for. I will go over row mechanics with you guys before the workout, as well as deadlift form.... Unless I am out on the range working. I will let you know. Have a great workout, and make sure you read the dedication post I put up from yesterday, and REALLY read it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Navy Seal workout. I had to scale the weight down to Deadlift weight of 175lbs. Sgt Boerger did a deadlift weight of 205lbs. The rowing wore my legs OUT!!!!

My time was 11:47
Sgt Boerger: 11:29

Good workout