Thursday, May 8, 2008

Oh, how I hate to love Diane...

http://www.crossfit.com/ "Diane"

21-15-9

225 lb Deadlift
Hand Stand pushups

For time

Scale weight as needed, not reps. If you cant do a Freestanding HSPU, then kick up onto a wall, and do them assisted off the wall. Down as far as you can go, before coming back up. If you cant do them that way, have a partner hold your legs, and assist on your up, or you can put rubber bands on the rings and slide your shoulders into the bands and assist that way. Or you can hook your legs onto a bar in the squat rack, and flex your hamstrings to assist in that way as well. Whatever way you do it, just DO IT! This is a great WOD, and it tests your strength and endurance, and it kills to go from Deadlifts to HSPU's. Give it a go. If you need form help, or want help in completing this WOD, come over to the gym at 1300-1400, and I will give you a hand. As always, post to comments what you completed. Good luck.

Did Diane today. As Rx'd in 6:06. Did first set of 21 225# DL unbroken, then 10 and 5 for the 15, and 5 and 4 for the 9. All HSPU's were broken, and took the longest. Did HSPU's up against a wall for stability. I am really happy with that time. About 2 minutes off my previous Dianne. And I got the 21 in unbroken, which was a goal. Hope you all did well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't do the workout today at 1400 so I had to bust one out at home. Did....
As many rds as possible in 20mins:
10-20-30 (Push-up,Sit-up,AirSquats)

I completed 9 full rds, and the push ups of the 10th round. This one started off quick, but the sit ups caught up with my never healing stomach. I knocked through every set of pushes and squats. The sit ups held me up but still bulldozed through them. Good home workout Gunny!

Anonymous said...

Same as Sgt Green. I completed 9 full rounds, then push ups for the 10th round and 12 sit ups for the 10th round. I enjoy having the luxury to be able to get a good workout in at my home with limited exercise equipment on the days that my work load prevent me from working out there.