Thursday, June 19, 2008

Dial "P" for pain...

"GI GRAN" brought to you by Crossfit Brisbane.

21-15-9 of the following for time:

135 # Power Clean and Jerk
Burpee Pullups


Go to www.crossfit.com and re watch the videos on the clean and jerk. Scale weight as needed, but this should be a difficult load that you choose. Snap the hips, keep the elbows up in the rack position. Generate the power for the cleans from your hips, as always. I will be over at the shop today catching up on admin work while the shop is out on the range, so if instruction is needed, please feel free to come over. Power clean means you are not dropping into a full squat, then you will straighten up, adjust for the jerk, and either do a split jerk, or a standard straddle jerk (feet apart, not split front and back) 21 Clean and Jerks, 21 Burpee pullups, 15 and 15, then 9 and 9. For time, as always. Post loads and times to comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Literally, I couldn't walk for a few minutes when I was done with this one. I had to scale down the weight down to my girlish figure, but advanced in my personal weight. Did the first two sets at 95#, last set at 85#. Capt and Lt did 85# for the first two sets, 95# for the last set. Lt and myself did a light one mile cool down run afterwards. Great workout, good motivation that I'm finally moving up in weights on most exercises so far.


Capt - 17:30
Lt - 18:42
Green - 27:29

st8we said...

Made this one up today. As Rx'd with 135# for the C&J. Time was 18:58. Sucking serious wind on the burpee pullups. I REALLY need to crack down, and get back into the groove. Too much time off from PT'ing here in the last couple of weeks. Really good strength and metcon workout though.

Lilly Fisher said...

I enjoyed rreading this