Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday Grind

Friday Grind by Chris Stowe

Run 500m (463 actual) From pullups bars on 600 yard line to ammo shed and back is the distance.
50 Knees to elbows
Run 500m
50 tuck jumps (jump in the air, and bring knees to chest, high as you can)
Run 500m
50 situps
Run 500m
50 pushups
Run 500m
50 air squats
Run 500m
50 dive bombers (pushup position with butt in air, like a "V", then dive down keeping hands and feet in place like you are going under a low bar, then reverse it back to the starting point)

This is your "prepare for the weekend" workout. This is a grind. In other words, I caution an all out max effort on this workout. It still needs to be a butt kicker, but try and do a little pacing on this one. That doesnt mean sandbag it, it just means the intensity level is at an "8", instead of a "10" on this one. Keep form tight on all the exercises, and push yourself. Its Friday after all, you will have all weekend to recouperate. You all are doing great, make sure you keep it up. Hill and Higginbotham, I havent seen postings from you for most of this week, and I need to know why. Have a great weekend, and next week we will get back together, as my class graduates today. Get some rest for next week, you will need it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the late post, it's been a busy weekend. Before this workout we ran about 2.7 miles (light warm up!) then jumped into this beast. I really had to pace myself on the 500m runs, but I tried to thrash it on all the exercises. The air squats totally blew my thighs out so the last run was killer. Great workout though!

I honestly don't remember what I had to eat on Friday other than two Russian Bear shakes.

Anonymous said...

Concur to Sgt Green's comments.